Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Most Fabulous Italian Sausage Soup

Hi All -
I am typing this recipe here, because I keep losing it, and it is wonderful!

Italian Sausage Soup

1 lb. Italian sausage (I use mild)
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 c. carrots, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
14 oz. can diced tomatoes
1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 t. oregano
1/2 t. rosemary and basil
1/4 t. thyme
1/2 c. dry pasta (I use small dried ravioli, and I always use more than 1/2c.)

Combine sausage, onion, and garlic - cook until brown. Combine rest of ingredients in pot. Add sausage mix to it. Cook for 1-2 hours. This can sit and simmer most of the day as long as your pot is covered.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

personally, it is not a fav of mine....

Carolyn said...

only because you are a weirdo and don't like sausage or beans!